This undated photograph looking north over downtown Chadron was shared with us some 42 years ago by Eva (Cunningham) Galey. A long-time farm wife, then teacher in Dawes County Schools, Eva had a love of learning – including history.
The east and west wings of the Normal School "main building" (lower-right) as well as the "training building (lower-left) were built by 1926. However, we don't see a Library building (now Mari Sandoz Heritage Center) north of the Training building. That structure would be built in 1929. We think this photo was taken around 1927-28. To see this an other "Early Chadron" images, come visit our "Dawes County Gallery."